Meeting day: - Tuesday evenings
Time: 7:45 PM
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Cost: $10 members / $15 non-members (must be financial Australian canoeing members (e.g. members of another AC affiliated club))
Location: Weekly at the UQ Pool (UQ Building 27 or picture). HEATED POOL (27 deg.).
Purpose: Polo training, skills development, polo games, and preparation for competition.
POLO Restarts 5th Feb 2019.
Next General POOL Training Sessions
Experienced members please come along help out at the General pool training sessions on the first few Tuesday evenings of each semester at 7:45 PM. (see below for dates). Entry is free if you help and/or teach. Note that these three dates are not canoe polo, and are not open to non-members unless invited specifically. Canoe polo will be every week at the UQ pool during semester other than pool training sessions. See calendar below for variations of this.
Next Polo Sessions
SEMESTER 1, 2019
- 5th Feb - Weekly Polo Training
- 12 Feb - Weekly Polo Training
- 19th Feb - Weekly Polo Training
- 26th Feb - Weekly Polo Training
- 5th Mar - General Pool Training I and Swim Tests
- 12th Mar - General Pool Training II and Swim Tests
- 19th Mar - General Pool Training III, Intro to Canoe Polo and Swim Tests
- 26th Mar - Weekly Polo Training
- 2th Apr - Weekly Polo Training
- 9th Apr - Weekly Polo Training
- 16th Apr - Weekly Polo Training
- 23rd Apr - Weekly Polo Training
- 30th Apr - Weekly Polo Training
- 7th May - Weekly Polo Training
- 14th May - Weekly Polo Training
- 21st May - Weekly Polo Training
- 28th May - Weekly Polo Training
- 4th June - Weekly Polo Training
Polo may continue, depending on numbers over the semester (TBA).
What to bring
When held at the UQ pool, the shallow end is available to club members for unsupervised skills practice. Australian canoeing members (e.g. members of other AC affiliated canoe clubs) must first contact the UQCC committee if they are interested in using the shallow end UQ pool for similar unsupervised training.
- Towel and swimming gear (there are warm shower facilities at the pool)
- Money to put toward pool costs. Note that the club subsidises the pool hire, so the more people that take advantage of these sessions, the more sessions we can afford to hold.
- Please pay and sign the form at the start of the night. Each member must sign on individually.
- Queensland Canoeing Canoe Polo Winter Championships
The competition runs for a total of four to six rounds including the finals.
Starts: mid year and runs over June / July
- 2004 - UQCC won the series
- 2005 - UQCC won the series
- 2006 - UQCC won the series
- 2010 - did not enter
- 2011 - did not enter (flood affected)
- 2012 - UQCC won the series
- 2013 - competition did not run
Please email the canoe polo representative
with enquiries, for future dates, and/or with expressions of interest.
LM: Feb 2018